Accelerate User-Centric Initiatives with AdminStudio Suite
Today’s organizations are facing a new workforce, one that uses computing devices in all parts of life, not just work. These new users expect the same computing experience, regardless of location or device used. Computing devices are no longer just company-provided PCs as the proliferation of user-owned computers, smartphones, tablets, and thin-client devices continues to add to the picture. In order to address user expectations and reduce management costs, organizations are evaluating or implementing user-centric initiatives enabling a model that removes the dependency of traditional desktop computing management. The idea of user-centric computing is not new, but the ability of IT departments to implement and provide user-centric computing to the general workforce is just becoming a reality. This white paper focuses on how Flexera Software’s AdminStudio 11® accelerates the transition to this new model.
Download the “Accelerate User-Centric Initiatives with AdminStudio Suite” white paper to learn about:
- What is user-centric computing?
- The new user-centric application model and approach to application delivery with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Managing application formats that support multiple delivery mechanisms, device types, users, and locations.
- How AdminStudio automatically gathers application metadata, crucial for populating Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager’s new application model, by mining package elements such as detection methods, requirements, and dependencies.
- How AdminStudio provides bulk import functionality to help speed your migration to Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, easing your transition from its previous package-based model to its new application-based model.
- How AdminStudio supports the ability to publish applications to Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager as well as packages to Configuration Manager 2007. Support for both models allows you to migrate to Configuration Manager 2012 at the pace best suited to your organization.